Pages

Oct 31, 2011

Feather, not to be confused with dot

Halloween just so happens to be one of my most favorite holidays. I usually start thinking of costume ideas well before the changing of leaves or the arrival of Starbucks' pumpkin spice lattes.  

With a slew of homemade, creative costumes under my belt, (Statue of Liberty, Christmas present, a Freudian Slip, Pippi Longstocking, grapes) I'm always trying to trump the last in that department. 



Although our idea wasn't all that clever this year, I'm pretty sure we scored some serious homemade style points with these little numbers.


My mother-in-law and I bought everything we needed to make the costumes last weekend when she was visiting. She sewed the dress and vest and I stitched the beads onto my collar, made Keane's "boots," and accessorized the heck out of us. 

I found my moccasins (brand new with tags) at Goodwill for $3. Not only were they perfect for my costume but I've been wearing them pretty much every day since because they are so cute and comfortable. 

Our J&K came for the weekend and the four of us had a pretty great time celebrating. 


They dressed as Maverick and Goose and brought along their doghter, Kenna la tortuga. Daphne the banana split and Cash the wiener (fitting since we call him wiener) loved having their cousin in town. I'm sure they also found their costumes to be slightly less humiliating after seeing a fellow dog friend enduring the same thing. 



Since we did our celebrating over the weekend, tonight we are curled up together in front of the television with the lights off, pretending not to be home for the trick-or-treaters.

Lazy? Maybe.
Lame? Yes.
Tired? Double Yes. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...