Pages

Oct 23, 2014

Bovine Blessings

There's a great open space trail just minutes from our house that Liv and I have enjoyed getting to explore. Positioned next to the trail head sits a large cattle farm and each time we go, we're sure to make a stop to say hi to all the "moos."


I don't know if it was the endorphins or the Vitamin D or the fact that I feel closest to God when I'm outside in nature, but the last time we walked the trail, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for this life that I'm living. 

With so much going on in the world–so many ugly things happening and people who are hurting–there I was, free and safe and healthy and ALIVE.

What a blessing to have eyes to see the beauty around me! 
How wonderful to be able to walk and move and play with my daughter! 
What an honor just to be breathing!

I'm making it my intention not to take a single breath for granted on this amazing journey. 
Join me, will you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...