Pages

Jul 1, 2011

It doesn't get more American than that

(Source)
And happy long weekend to all of you!

The Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the food straight from the grill, lawn games under the sun, and watching the fireworks along side my favorite people. 

But it's much more than that. 

This holiday always reminds me of how lucky I am to live in a free country and just how many people have sacrificed their own lives to ensure the safety and freedom of mine. I usually always end up shedding a few several tears when I hear the words to this nostalgic song:

"And I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free
and I won't forget the men who died 
who gave that right to me..."
Because I really do love my country and I am so proud to call myself an American. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to drive around this town with my flag hanging proudly from the car window while blasting John Denver and eating apple pie. or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...