Pages

Jun 14, 2012

The truth about my health is this

Last Friday marked one year since I had my spine surgery. Because of this injury, the last couple years of my life have been an uphill battle, physically and emotionally. I'm still waiting for the day when I feel like myself again because although the surgery helped the ailments I was having, I am now left with a new set of issues: an imbalance and weakness in my hips and constant burning pain down my right leg. To say this experience has been trying would be the understatement of the century. 

The Daily Word has always been a huge source of strength and inspiration for me. I try to read it each day because most of the time I feel like it was written especially for me. The messages always seem to be exactly what I needed to hear at that moment.

A few weeks ago, Keane emailed me one which brought me to tears. It happened to come on a particularly frustrating day when my pain was at its worst. This is what it said:

Healing
Wholeness is my truth

The truth about my health is this: I am whole. Nothing stands in the way of this truth; rather, I stand in the truth of my wholeness. I align my mind, body and spirit with complete health. I reject activities, conversations and media choices that do not serve my highest good. I focus on Divine Life and know I am whole and well.

Through meditation and prayer, I align with my indwelling Spirit. My daily choices reflect the value I place on the life I've been given to live. I affirm my wholeness with every thought, word and action. I am healthy, whole and complete.

I am going to bring it recovery and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security. -Jeremiah 33:6

This bit of wisdom now lives prominently in our bedroom so I can be reminded everyday that I stand in the truth of my wholeness. 

I am certain there will come a day when I'm not ailed by physical limitations. A day when I can sit on an airplane to Europe, dance in the highest of heels and carry my babies around on my hip. 

Because the truth about my health is this: I am whole. And nothing stands in the way of this truth. Not even me. 

and so it is...


1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully inspiring and wonderfully refreshing. Thank you for sharing these honest words or truth, be it in suffering or in healing...or both simultaneously. It is always great to find someone to rejoice with.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...