Pages

Jan 31, 2011

Cooky Colorado Winters

Last Friday, the weather here was 68 degrees. I spent the morning doing yoga in the sun, letting the cool breeze calm me. Later, I met a friend for lunch and then spent the evening getting to know my newest niece. It is very rare that, in the middle of January, I am able to spend an entire day outside so I took full advantage of the fleeting warmth.

Fast forward 3 days. I awoke this morning to a solid sheet of ice covering my car. My sweet husband did his best to scrape my windows before he left. It took me over an hour to get to work because of icy road conditions and bumper to bumper traffic. Tomorrow's high is 4 degrees, with a wind chill of -20. As it stands right now, I will not have to go to work due to extreme weather conditions but I will know for sure in the morning. I would love nothing more than to have a cozy day inside with the mister, drinking tea and watching movies so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I love Colorado and it's crazy weather patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...