Pages

Feb 9, 2011

I'm tired of being cold

So the weather here has been pretty much crap for the better part of two weeks. I haven't even been able to enjoy my "snow days" because our hundred year old house is so drafty, that the only way for me to keep warm is by wearing three pairs of socks, periodically running my hands under hot water, and draping a heating pad against my skin. I long for sun. And for my nose hairs to not freeze when I go to start my car in the morning. I'm really really tired of being cold.

On the upside, spring is around the corner and you know what that means! Open toed shoes, no coats, and rain! Oh how I love thee.

I also get to meet my newest nephew in early May! My sister is due with her third baby on May 5th and I can't wait to kiss him. I am so blessed to have such wonderful family who continue to breed beautiful, intelligent, and sweet babies! 

Speaking of babies, Keane is smitten with his new niece, Lily. It is so amazing to see him hold her tiny body and kiss her little lips. He is going to be such a wonderful and doting father. I can't wait for us to experience that joy for ourselves. 

Welp, I'm off to thaw my feet out in the tub so that I can bend my toes again. Then, I'm going to snuggle with the mister and watch Alice and Wonderland. Hopefully I don't have Johnny Depp nightmares tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...