Pages

Apr 14, 2011

Highlands

Now that we are no longer in Denver, I will share our most recent home in the Highlands. (For a look back at our last places, click here and here.) We decided to move to Denver after Keane graduated from CSU to be closer to his job. I had heard some great things about this particular neighborhood so we began looking at rental properties in the area. 

When Keane and I first walked into this house, I immediately knew I wanted to live there. Keane was not so sure. The tenants that lived there were in the process of moving out so their home was in disarray. The eclectic (this is a nice way to say strange) family consisted of two adults, two children, two dogs, and a cat living in this modest town home so there was stuff everywhere. 

Keane had trouble seeing past the filth, boxes and devil pictures that hung on every wall and above all the beds. I, on the other hand, was enamored by the exposed brick, crown molding and built-in bookshelves of this 100 year old home. 



I told him it was perfect and we could stop looking- I wanted to sign the lease on the spot. He looked at me like I was crazy but I assured him of the potential. 


We signed the lease and moved in a month later. 

This home was great to us. It was perfectly located near restaurants, bars, shopping and downtown. It was the largest home we have lived in together and most definitely the oldest. Although it came with carbon monoxide, ants, mold and later mice, we loved it just the same. 

We hosted my sister-in-law's baby shower, 



birthday and dinner parties,  


and lots of BBQs with friends at this house.


I am grateful for every experience and opportunity which have led us right where we are today. Although I can't wait to eventually own a home and plant some roots, for now these transient times in our lives are exciting and teaching us so much about the things that are truly important. 

and so it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...