Pages

Sep 29, 2011

it's my forever mark

it's my battle wound,
the scar that will always remind me of a very trying period in my life.
it is my forever mark,
shared by many who have experienced the same surgery with hope and desperation.
my scar brings conscious awareness to each move i make, each position i hold.
it's my sign of struggle and suffering, but more importantly, strength, growth, and determination. 

my scar is big and noticeable and beautiful.
it has taught me many things:

i will never again take my health for granted
i will give my body grace and bless it for all it does for me each day
i will have more compassion for those experiencing chronic pain
i will find gratitude in knowing it could always be worse


it's my forever mark. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...