Pages

Oct 3, 2011

On faking it

I've been really mean lately and I'm not proud of it one bit. 

This tude of mine can likely be contributed to a combination of PMS, a nasty and lingering cold, and the fact that moving seriously bites, but either way, I'm ready to take off my grumple pants and start playing nice again. 

I don't even really have anything to be upset about- our new town rocks my socks (seriously, I finally have access to a TARGET! Oh sweet Target. And Hobby Lobby?! Don't even get me started), the mister is working from home for the next week before his trailer arrives on the job site, and my biggest worry this afternoon was accessing Starbuck's internet to catch up on all my favorite blogs while sipping an iced coffee. Gosh, my life is hard, isn't it? 

And yet, I felt the need to pick a fight with the U-Haul guy yesterday and subsequently argue with my husband about it because he told me I should have handled the situation differently. And you know what? He was right, because while the man was certifiably wacko and mean to me, I allowed him to steal my peace. Plus, I should have known to save my energy because you can't argue with crazy. 
True statement. 

So today I am making it my mission to be extra friendly to everyone I encounter, even if I don't mean it quite yet (damn you menstrual cycle and infected sinuses!). 

I will fake it 'til I make it, one disingenuous smile at a time. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go call Dish Network and I'll need every ounce of fake kindness to deal with the person on the other end of that phone line. 

God help me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...