Pages

Sep 26, 2012

It's my party and I'll paint if I want to

I must be cursed. This is the second year in a row that I've dealt with a nasty bug on my birthday. I demand a do-over!

I spent my day of birth cleaning and painting at the new house. Thankfully my saintly mother-in-law helped me because that place was gross! I'm pretty sure it hadn't been cleaned since it was built in 1887. We scrubbed walls and baseboards, wiped out cabinets and windowsills and decided there was no hope for the foot and cat odors emanating from the carpet. Those will have to be ripped up. 

Here's where we left our little beauty today. 


The color on the upper wall is a rich gray, although it looks a little green in this photo. Our plan is to paint the lower half of the walls white after adding fake wainscoting (more on that after we do it). We will also add crown molding along the top. 

I'm currently recovering from my laborious day in bed and looking forward to a birthday bonfire and s'mores later tonight. I have a feeling 27 is going to be a really good year full of blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...