Pages

Nov 5, 2012

Dear Baby

I lie in bed at night with my hands on my belly, imaging the first moment I will hold you– the feel of your skin, the shape of your eyes, the color of your hair. I pray for your health and development. I pray that I am providing a warm and suitable home for you to grow. But most importantly, I pray a prayer of gratitude for your beautiful life. You are truly a gift that your papa and I have been wanting for so long.

Somedays I find myself in tears thinking about how excited I am to show you this amazing world. I can't wait for you to experience the beauty it holds, and I anticipate how I will help you through its heartaches. I want nothing more than for you to feel safe and supported, honored and respected. I want to be an example of patience and unconditional love.

If, my little one, we find out in a few weeks that you are a girl, my hope for you is to be strong and confident, yet soft and nurturing. I want you to know without a doubt that you can do anything you put your mind to, so long as it's done with integrity and hard work. I hope you find independence and learn to love yourself, for when it comes time to choose a mate, you'll be prepared to truly love another.

If we find out that you are a little mister, I will feel relief because you already have the most amazing man in your life to emulate. Model his free spirit– it will bring joy to everyone it touches. Model his kindness– it will soften even the hardest of people. Model his work ethic– it will help you reach all your goals. Model his faith– it will be a constant reminder that God is working in your life to bring you to your greatest good.

Baby, each time we get to hear your quick little heart beat coming from inside of me, we are reminded that we have been entrusted to care for you. Our purpose on this earth has forever been broadened and for that we are so grateful.

We love you to the moon and back, little one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...