Pages

Aug 30, 2011

No-heat curls tutorial

First, get ready for bed by putting your husband's ratty t-shirt on, removing all makeup, and applying your nightly eye cream. 

That actually has nothing to do with the hair tutorial, I just thought I'd preface my appearance in these photos. Please excuse. 

Hair needs to be damp. I use root boost and thickening gel to give my hair some texture since it is very fine and has a hard time holding curl. 


Secure an elastic headband around the top of your head. Fluff hair up a little for volume.


Then fold small sections up, over, and through the headband like this. 


Once you have made it around the perimeter of your head, it should look like this. 


I usually sleep on mine to ensure my hair is completely dry by morning. This is what it looks like when I wake up.

Oooo lala.


Finally, take the headband off, shake your hair out, and you are left with beautiful curls without any damage from heat.


Ta-da!


Try it and enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Kelly, you just rocked my world! I am going to try this tonight and I will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Lauren! It's super simple. Can't wait to find out how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I've seen this before and want to try it but I think my hair needs to get a bit longer. Yours looks wesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look pretty good for no makeup.. At the end of the day I look a little bit like death! I've seen these done before but Ive never actually tried.. I might now!

    Ps. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so amazing! I do have to ask what in the world made you think to do this though!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! Melissa, welcome! Amanda, I did a little research of my own last year and found a similar tutorial. It reminds me of when I was little and my mom would tie my hair in tissues while it was wet. When I woke up in the morning, I looked like Shirley Temple and I loved it :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I just found this and tried it.. And it worked! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So does the elastic band leave a mark on your forehead after being there overnight? I notice in your "after" pictures you've cropped out your forehead... Honestly wondering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! No marks. The headband actually rides up above your hairline by the morning so it's not really even on your skin.

      Delete
  9. I TIRED THIS AND IT DID WORK HOWEVER I ENDED UP WITH KINKY CURLS AND IDEA HOW TO HELP WITH THIS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, not sure... maybe try pulling your sections of hair tighter around the headband? That way you end up with tighter, hopefully smoother curls?

      Delete
  10. Kelly will this work on like med. length and thin hair too? and how crazy did your hubby look at you when u went to bed hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should! It depends on how many times you can wrap your strands around the headband. I have short hair now and it's not long enough.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...