Pages

Aug 12, 2013

Leibster

This mama got a new 'do over the weekend. Definitely needed a change.
Sweet Amanda Rose from Sew Much To Say recently nominated me for the Leibster Award. I was asked to answer 11 questions about myself for readers to get to know me a little better. Here goes!

1. What is your favorite season? 
This is such a tough one to answer. Colorado is known for it's beautiful changing seasons and there is something wonderful about each one. I would have to say fall though because I love brisk air, colorful leaves, boots, and Halloween!

2. If you could move anywhere where would it be?
If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that we recently spent a year and a half in Wyoming for Keane's job. With his line of work, we are likely to move around several more times (little known fact: shortly after moving back from Wyoming, his company asked us to move to Omaha for three years. We had just bought a house in Denver and I was 5 months pregnant so we passed on the opportunity.) Luckily, his company has offices in some really cool places like Oahu, Portland and D.C. so the prospect of spending a few years elsewhere while Liv is still young excites us. I would love to live overseas someday, maybe Australia or New Zealand? Preferably an English speaking country because my high school Spanish class proved that I don't acquire foreign languages well. At all. 

3. What is your biggest daily challenge?
Getting out of bed in the morning. I have never been a morning person and have always functioned best on 10-11 hours of sleep. That is clearly not an option anymore, so waking up in the morning sleep deprived with an energetic little one to entertain is really hard for me. 

4. If you had a super power what would it be?
I would love to be able to teleport to different places and time. Think of all the places you could visit at a moment's notice! 

5. What is your favorite color?
Orange

6. Favorite book and why?
Anything by Depak Chopra. He is such an inspirational teacher. 

7. Biggest pet peeve?
Bad drivers. I hate to admit it but I have some serious road rage. I can't stand when people drive under the speed limit in the left lane. Every time I get stuck behind someone doing this, I want to invent a device that shoots darts into their tires so they are forced to pull off the road. Is that bad?

8. What is on your bucket list?
I would love for us to build our own home one day. I dream of living out in the country with lots of land in a home that we designed. Wrap around front porch, tire swing, and lots of bedrooms for family to come visit!

9. What is the best date you have ever been on?
A few years ago, Keane and I rented a Harley and explored southern Utah. We drove to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. On our way back to Salt Lake, we stayed the night in a tiny town called Boulder and went to Hell's Backbone Grill to celebrate my birthday. Not only did it have the most delicious food, the ambiance was incredible. You can read more about that trip here

10. If you could be one person from the past who would you be?
No one...I like being me :) 

11. What is your favorite dessert to make?
Oreo Truffels. So easy to make and so delicious. 

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait until the fall (although I'm in NC but we have nice falls too). I'm so over the hot weather. Oahu would be AMAZING! :) and so would the ability to teleport haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to NC but I hear you all have the most beautiful changing leaves in the fall. I will have to get there one day!

      Delete
  2. Love the new do. We drove to Zion last May and the sights were amazing. We were in the biggest hailstorm ever, looked like it had snowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall, too. I'm glad that there is another person in the world who functions best on 10 hours of sleep. That is so me. I didn't even know that was even a thing, I thought I was just being selfish.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, not selfish at all. Sleep is good for the brain...that's what I used to tell my mom in high school when she thought something was wrong with me :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...