Pages

May 3, 2012

Dumpster Diving

In my defense, these weren't actually in the dumpster, just beside it. 

At first I thought it was a joke. Someone who knows me entirely too well was watching me from behind a car, waiting for me to take the bait so they could pop out and shame me for claiming someone else's garbage. But after cautiously surveying the scene, I found no one. With swift action, I tossed the bag of dog poo from my hand, grabbed the baskets and hurried up the stairs to my apartment before anyone saw what just went down. In the privacy of my own home, I assessed my finds. 
3 wicker baskets in good condition. Check. 
Gross fabric lining which could be promptly trashed.  Check.



With shameless pride, I gave myself a pat on the back, disposed of the liners and got busy Cloroxing. A fair amount of elbow grease and several coats of "Celery" spray paint later, and I had myself some new baskets. 


Technically only one is finished because these red mothers take a lot of time to cover! But I love how it turned out. Using about 1 1/4 cans of paint on each basket, the total project will cost around $15. 
Not too shabby for 3 new-to-me wicker storage baskets. 



I'm no different than an addict, really. I get my fix out by the dumpsters in the early morning hours when no one else is around. I admire my drug in private before indulging, and with fleeting satisfaction, I'm off searching for the next high. 

Shameless I tell you. Shameless.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...