Pages

Mar 3, 2014

Fishy Fishy

Do you guys remember that terrible sounding jingle that McDonalds came up with a while back for their equally terrible sounding Fish McBites? Well, it was actually brilliant marketing because that dreaded song is ALWAYS stuck in my head. And it's infuriating. 

Oddly enough, the jingle is very appropriate for our recent day spent at the Aquarium. 

We were having one of those mornings... You know, the kind where your 10 month old is being super whiney for no reason and there's nothing you can do to pull her out of her funk? Yeah, that kind. 

So I loaded her up in the car and we headed to the Downtown Aquarium for a change of scenery. I hadn't been there in years and it was her first time. 
It's so fun to go places like this with her now that she's walking. She could explore at her own pace and the best part was, we went on a Wednesday and pretty much had the place to ourselves. Since I didn't have to worry about her getting trampled or lost, I let her have total freedom. 
She was mesmerized. 
The aquarium is neat because you can walk right up to the exhibits where the fish are constantly moving. It's easy for little ones to stay engaged since there is so much to watch. Sometimes, places like the zoo prove to be a bit boring for her because many of the animals are far away and not doing a whole lot. 
At the very end of the aquarium were the sharks. Now, there aren't too many things that creep me out in this world. I'm not one of those girls that runs screaming when they see a spider. I'm perfectly fine squishing them with a tissue and moving on with my day. Snakes aren't my cup of tea but I can handle them as long as they aren't on me. But Sharks...There is something so eerie to me about a shark. Their eyes, their teeth, the ways they glide through the water. 

When Liv and I walked into this final, dark exhibit with floor to ceiling glass and dozens of sharks swimming around, my stomach dropped. It didn't help that we were the only ones in the room and the Jaws song was blaring through the speakers around us. I was certain they were all staring at me. They can sense fear, right?! I snapped a few photos and quickly ushered Liv out of the room to the safety of the snack bar. 

Despite the creepy sharks, we had such a great time at the aquarium and can't wait to go back. Next time we'll be sure to take papa with us...you know, for protection.

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory! 

2 comments:

  1. We have an aquarium like that here in San Francisco. It has a similar tunnel aquarium feature. My son loved it. Ours plays calming music, so the fear of Jaws didn't come into play. But yes, once they start walking things become way more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how fascinated he is. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...