Pages

Aug 25, 2011

A particularly horny toad

A few days ago, Keane brought home a friend from work. 

He found a baby horny toad about the size of my thumb nail on his job site and insisted that it was our destiny to keep him. He even had us buy a terrarium so the little dude could have a proper life. 

Now, I'm not big on reptiles or the added responsibility of another pet under our roof, but it's really hard to say no to a man with such fervor for life and all its creatures. 

Oh, and also because when I asked him if he thought it was really necessary to keep a horny toad as a pet, his response was, "Of course it's not necessary. Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste." 

So there's that. 

It was decided that the toad would remain with us until Keane did some research and found that about 90% of horny toads kept as pets end up dying, so although he didn't want to, he did the right thing and released his horny friend (tehehehe) back into the wild.

Fair well Mr. Horn. Can't say I'm heartbroken, but I do wish you the best of luck out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...