Pages

Jul 20, 2011

Completely obsessed, and here's why

I've been obsessed with coconut oil for quite some time and I thought I'd share some of the reasons why. 



I originally learned about all the amazing health benefits of this miracle oil from the owner of the natural pet supply store we used to frequent in Denver. The woman encouraged me to use it as a supplement in our dogs' diet to aid in everything from digestion, to a healthy immune system, and a silky coat. After doing some research of my own, I discovered those same health benefits were true for humans, in addition to countless others. 

Got a cut? Coconut oil is a great natural antibacterial. It can also be used as an antifungal to treat athelete's foot, yeast infections, or diaper rash.

Dry skin? I use it daily as lotion on my whole body and it's great for chapped lips or cracked cuticles.

It can be used as a conditioner to repair damaged hair and promote regrowth.

It's internal health benefits are just as amazing as the topical ones. Coconut oil is ideal for healthy digestion, immunity, weight loss, organ functioning, strong bones, increased energy, protection against free radicals, and it even reduces the occurrence of epileptic seizures!

You can use coconut oil in place of other cooking oils or as a substitute for butter or margarine. It is full of "good" fats and are found to be unique and different from any other type of fat.

You'd think I was a paid spokesperson for this product, but I just like sharing things I really believe in with the ones I love.

We use it around our house on sunburns, as massage oil, to heal scars (been using it on my back since the week after surgery), and in our favorite recipes. We feed it to our dogs by the scoop and I'm planning to try it in homemade smoothies soon.

If you are interested, you can find out more about all the benefits by going here. It's solid up to 76 degrees and then softens to a great creamy consistency. I'm thinking of adding some essential oil to a small batch for my lotion and chapstick, but then again smelling like a coconut cupcake isn't bad either :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...