Pages

Jan 23, 2012

Rambles

I've been feeling fairly uninspired recently. Maybe it's the frozen tundra-esque weather we are experiencing or the shortened days that make me want to crawl into bed at 4:00pm. Or maybe it's the fact that I was in survival mode all last week while Keane was away. Working a full day, rushing home to take the dogs for an hour walk in the freezing cold before dark, making dinner, and attempting to workout before I collapsed into bed at 9:00, just to wake up and do it all over again was seriously hard work! In the midst of my lonely warrior-week, I thought about the people who do all this PLUS pick their kids up from school, help with homework, make dinner, pack lunches, get everyone to bed, and try to have a few minutes left over for themselves each night. Three cheers for single parents everywhere! Seriously, I don't know how you do it.

We are going to Hawaii in April. Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about it. 10 days on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific with my hubbin kind of makes my heart flutter. I can't wait to buy new swimsuits. And sunscreen. I love sunscreen. 

I am currently obsessing over buying a house when we return to Colorado this summer. HotPads, Zillow, and Realtor.com have found permanent homes on my browser for the past few weeks. The process makes me want to jump up and down while squealing, and bite each one of my nails off, all at the same time!

I got suckered into ordering a workout dvd from a saturday morning infomercial a few weeks back. Keane was skeptical because, really, an infomercial? But let me just say holy.sore.butt. 
Those Brazilians don't lie. And neither do their hips. 
Before I know it, I'll be passing the pencil test with flying colors! (Look it up.)

And finally, we are so glad he's home. 
Our family just isn't complete without the big spoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...