My favorite blogger Mandy did this and I thought it would be fun to play along because, why the heck not?
10 Random Things About Me:
1) I regularly fight the urge to quit life and travel the world with our savings.
2) I'm a crier. When I'm happy or when I'm sad, when someone was mean to me or when I was mean to someone, in private or in public. Being sensitive and having overactive tear ducts is a recipe for disaster I tell you.
3) I've never had a cavity.
4) If there was a way to make money sleeping, I'd have millionaire status. Up until a couple years ago, I was a mess if I got less than 12 hours of sleep a night. I've since scaled back my requirements and now function best on 10 hours. Luckily, Keane is the same way and most of our friends and family know not to call us before 10 or 11 on the weekends. Yes, I am aware such ridiculousness won't fly once we have a baby.
5) I fell out of a tree when I was little and have been deathly afraid of heights ever since.
6) One of the first things I look at on a person are their shoes. Especially men– you can tell a lot about a man from his footwear.
7) I hate hate hate scary things. I won't watch scary movies, I turn away if there is violence on TV and I will likely punch you if you startle me. Keane has learned to make a lot of noise before he enters a room for his own protection.
8) I used to wear a water bra. There, I said it.
9) I won a new car at After Prom in high school but because I wasn't there to claim it, they gave it to someone else.
10) I absolutely hate wearing heels. They are uncomfortable, wobbly, and at 5'10" I already tower over most people without them. If I had a job that required me to dress up everyday, I'd quit.
Questions from Mandy:
1. Have you ever met someone famous? I met all the Baldwin brothers at a Broncos playoff game with my Dad. They were pretty drunk and walked into our box, thinking it was theirs. So my Dad did what any man would have done– he made friends with them. They ended up staying in our box, smoking cigars and drinking together. I met Dennis Rodman and Selma Blair on a trip to Cabo when I was a sophomore in high school. My friend and I ogled from a distance before mustering up the courage to talk to them. Dennis was creepy and Selma was a gem. It should be noted, they were not together– we saw them on two separate nights. Also, I spotted Paris and Nikki Hilton and Ivanka Trump at a fashion show I walked in a couple years ago. Although I didn't actually meet them.
2. What is your happiest childhood memory? Most of my great memories included playing with friends outside during the summer– Perfecting our front flips into the swimming pool, choreographing dances to the Spice Girls on the trampoline, riding bikes in our neighborhood, prank calling boys after dark. Being a kid ruled.
3. Favorite album of all time? MJ's Greatest Hits Vol. 1.
4. Are you a salty or sweet lover? Salty for sure. I've been known to eat chips and salsa for dinner quite frequently.
5. What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show or movie? Admittedly, I have a huge problem with reality TV: Real Housewives, Teen Mom, 16 and Pregnant, The Bachelor, and all the Kardashians. The pleasure is definitely guilty.
6. Describe your favorite sandwich. A grilled cheese with tomatoes, avocado and bacon. Extra cheese.
7. What was your first pet? I had a parrot named Andre which, looking back, was a very odd pet selection on my part. He was messy and loud and didn't last long in our house.
8. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far in life? Understanding the power my thoughts have over my life and using that knowledge to make big changes. Also, marrying my best friend.
9. What is the first blog you started reading? Dear Baby.
10. If you had to choose one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be? My mother-in-law's carrot cake.