Pages

Jul 11, 2013

Our house, in the middle of our street- Part 1

I was taking photos of each room in our home the other day to keep for insurance purposes, and as I uploaded them to my computer, I came across pictures of our house when we first bought it. The transformation has been pretty dramatic since moving in 8 months ago and nearly every room has gotten a face lift. 


The pumpkin orange walls were the first to go. I love how cozy and relaxed our living room feels now that we have a more muted tone on the walls. We changed out the curtains and rods, making them higher and wider so the windows would appear larger. We still have hopes of adding crown molding and fake wainscoting like this below the chair rail some day.

We haven't done much with the kitchen other than update the light fixture and faucet, and paint the yellow walls. 

We painted all the walls except for the one with the cabinets since we are still toying with the idea of a complete kitchen reno in the future. We have plenty of space to add more usable cabinets and countertops, including an island and a breakfast bar. After we outgrow this house we plan to keep it as a rental property so I'm not sure if investing in a brand new kitchen will get us any more money in rent. We'll see what we decide on that. 

I showed these before and after pictures of Liv's nursery back in April but here they are again. This is my favorite room transformation of all. We got rid of the smelly carpet, tore down the dark and dingy curtains and started from scratch with new paint, curtains, rug and art.  
Alright, enough for now. I'll save photos of the rest of the house for another time. If anyone is still  reading this, bless you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...