Pages

Mar 22, 2013

Pregnancy Updates

36 weeks and counting! 
Yesterday, a teenage boy asked me how many months I was (as opposed to most women and seasoned mamas who ask in weeks) and I told him nine. NINE MONTHS! Then I paused to catch my breath because holy shiz.



This babe could really be here at any time. I do have a hunch she will come late, but you never know! We have been feverishly working to get everything ready in case she decides to surprise us and we finally have all the necessary things done. The cosleeper is assembled and ready to come into our bedroom when we bring her home. The rocker arrived on Wednesday which was the final piece to her nursery. Her swing is set up in the living room, car seat is installed and labor bag is packed and ready to go. We also finally decided on a stroller which I picked up yesterday. I am probably more excited about this than I should be but I just love it so much. I found myself pushing it around the house last night with one hand, practicing my sharp turns. In the words of my favorite prostitute Vivian Ward, that baby corners like it's on rails!  

Baby is measuring perfectly on track and her heart beat is strong. She has been head down and anterior facing for the last few weeks so I'm hoping she stays that way. I've been seeing a wonderful prenatal chiropractor to help keep my pelvis in optimum alignment for delivery. She has helped quite a bit with my tailbone pain but it still bothers me from time to time. 

Keane continues to be the most wonderful and supportive partner throughout this process. He constantly tells me he's proud of me and the work that I am doing. He thanks me for growing our baby so well and insists that I look beautiful everyday. He asks questions and takes notes at our prep classes, comes with me to test drive strollers (for the fifth time) and assembles furniture and baby products like it's his job. Last night, I found him rocking in the baby's room with the lights off and the dogs at his feet. I am so in love with this man, it pains my heart. 

The names are slowly being narrowed down. We have about 4 that we like and will decide on one when we meet her. This has been by far the toughest decision yet! 

One more week and this lady is considered full-term. I dream about her every night– what she will look like, how she will smell, how I will be as a mother. 
I can't wait to experience it all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...