Pages

Jan 1, 2013

2012: Year in Review

2012 was a year full of newness and adventure for this Ray Clan. It was a year of hard work and even harder play. We lived in 3 different cities in 2 different states in 2012. We traveled for vacations and weddings, met new life-long friends, decided we were ready to become parents, and thanked God when He blessed us with this tiny miracle growing inside me. We bought our first home in 2012.

2012 was a year of great reflection for me. I learned that I Am Enough and I discovered how to fight my Sunday Blues. I realized that the best thing you can do for your marriage is to make time for each other and I vowed to never stop acting like newlyweds. 2012 taught me that it's not my job to fix everything. More than anything, 2012 further instilled in me the idea that life is so damn short and if you aren't doing what you love, you are wasting your precious time and energy.

2012 allowed me the time to tap into my creative side. I did my fair share of thrifting and sewing. I brought back the Mom Jeans, did some serious work on styles from the 80s and 90s, and went dumpster diving.

Keane and I danced in parks in 2012. We escaped from civilization nearly every weekend to connect with nature. We celebrated his golden birthday in the most perfect way.

2012 was met with wonder and excitement– we expected great things and we got them. This year, I am aiming for the same. I can't wait to cradle our babe and navigate parenthood with my best friend. I look forward to new experiences and abundant growth. I feel hopeful for what the future holds and will continue to strive to make the most of each day I am given on this earth.

Here's to 2013. We are so blessed.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...